Underwater Lights - 2016
27Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Underwater Lights - 2016 - 1

underwater lights limited The art of superyacht lighting

Open the catalog to page 1
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 2

a picture speaks a thousand words ... underwater lights limited M/Y Eclipse, 162 meter / 533 ft LOA, 72 QTLED75 with LED upgrade, Blohm & Voss GmbH

Open the catalog to page 2
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 3

M/Y Madsummer, 79 meter / 147 ft LOA, Lurssen Yachts

Open the catalog to page 3
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 4

underwater lights limited underwater lights limited M/Y Northern Star, 75 meter / 248 ftftLOA, Holland Jachtbouw S/Y Shogun, 37 meter / 122 LOA, Lurssen Yachts

Open the catalog to page 4
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 5

25 Years We are now moving into our twenty fifth year and maintaining our position as the number one choice for underwater lighting by owners, designers, and shipyards around the world - amongst a crowded and competitive market place - means that we are celebrating a milestone. We believe what has kept us strong, first and foremost, is that we are a small, efficiently run family business and we’ve been able to maintain our UK and German manufacturing bases whilst keeping the design firmly within our control. Our founder, Peter, started his career in 1966 as a marine engineer in the merchant...

Open the catalog to page 5
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 6

Mutual Respect We have resisted the urge to expand beyond our means by not stretching our capabilities or our client’s patience. Instead, our business model was, and still is, built on keeping our overheads low, our product first-rate, and refusing to cut corners. The first ever Superyacht was fitted with our underwater lights in 1991 and every single light is still working perfectly to this day. We feel this is testament to the design and build quality that has kept us at the pinnacle of marine lighting design for the past two decades. Our lights have been specified and installed on...

Open the catalog to page 6
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 7

Safe Pair Of Hands We are one of the few fully approved lighting companies in the industry across several platforms including Lloyds, ABS and GL. We own and operate our own CNC machines with full LRS workshop approval which means we have a reduced reliance on external manufacturing partners, keeping design and quality within our control allowing us to offer an unrivalled accelerated turnaround production time. As a private family business, we have not put ourselves at risk over the past twenty five years in the pursuit of quick profit, ensuring we have never put our client’s projects at...

Open the catalog to page 7
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 8

underwater lights limited M/Y ICON, 62.5 meter / 203 ft LOA, ICON Yachts

Open the catalog to page 8
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 9

Peter Urquhart Working as an independent surveyor back in the late 1980’s I was asked to design an underwater light by an owners rep on a new build. Little did I know, then, that lighting was going to become my life. I worked closely with the shipyard and Lloyds as I designed and built the Original Bulleyt underwater lighting system and to this day - twenty five years on - the lights still work perfectly. The industry has changed a lot since then; we held the entire market for over a decade until around 2005 when LED products started to become available. LED technology at that time was in...

Open the catalog to page 9
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 10

underwater lights limited M/Y Serque, 40 meter / 133 ft LOA, Broward Family Business Klare Urquhart I grew up with my father designing and producing underwater lights in a shed at the bottom of our garden. Like any independent daughter, I managed to defy the family business for a few years, working up to partner level in a company within a sister industry, gaining valuable experience, joining the family business in 2001 as we began expanding. I bring a level of cohesiveness to the sales and marketing that as a true inventor, my father, wasn’t focused on. In applying the attention to detail...

Open the catalog to page 10
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 11

underwater lights limited S/Y Twizzle, 57 meter / 188 ft LOA, Royal Huisman

Open the catalog to page 11
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 12

What We Do We have always provided free design consultation for any sized project be it a Searay or any of the Megayacht builders around the world. We have lit the majority of the Superyachts built over the past twenty five years which helps us eliminate the guess work and provide the required light plan to suit the Owners wish. We manufacture and assemble the lights in our own workshop and use local sub-contractors for specialty work such as anodising and polishing. This gives us tight control on quality and production lead times. We keep in stock at all times no less than twenty...

Open the catalog to page 12
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 13

Setting The Standard Peter has worked closely with classification societies to establish an understanding of their strict type approval requirements for underwater lighting. Rules and manufacturing processes are constantly being changed and updated and knowing why these changes are made has been a huge benefit, allowing yards and owners teams to specify and install the products, confident in the knowledge all of the relevant approvals and paper work are in place. underwater lights limited M/Y Solandge, 85 meter / 279 ft LOA, Lurssen Shipyard

Open the catalog to page 13
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 14

i_||—>i—l^i—‘watei ' ligl its lii uitsd M/Y Diamonds Are Forever, 61 meter / 197 ft L°A, Benetti

Open the catalog to page 14
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 15

underwater lights limited UNDERWATER LIGHTS M/Y Worthless Crew, 19 meter / 62ft LOA, Princess Yachts Products for New Builds A full range of lighting products for installation below the waterline for all varieties of new and existing boats without lights, from sailing vessels to the largest Superyacht. Available in metal halide and the latest LED alternatives offering standard White, Royal Blue and RGB+W colour options. All the QT LED range of lights use our unique high efficiency light collecting lens.The lenses are manufactured from toughened borosilicate glass for high impact protection.

Open the catalog to page 15
Underwater Lights - 2016 - 16

UL Ti MATE 75 SA & FIXED A LED ‘through-hull’ light for welding into aluminium and steel hulls creating an industry leading 20,000 lumens of light output in Cool White. RGB+W and Royal Blue are also standard options. Suitable for boats greater than 30 meters / 90 ft with a recommended distance between lights of 1.5 meters / 5 ft (transom) to 5 meters / 16 ft (port and star-board) for the best illumination. The boat must be hauled out for installation and maintenance of the light is carried out from inside the hull and therefore dry docking is not necessary. The welded section is available...

Open the catalog to page 16

All Underwater Lights Limited catalogs and brochures

1. QT 100

2 Pages

2. UL Ti MATE 75

10 Pages

3. QT 80

2 Pages

4. Marlin QT100

2 Pages

5. QT 130 RGBW

5 Pages