catalog 2015
87Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

catalog 2015 - 2

KITE BOARDING north kiteboarding TR U E kiteboarding inno vation . q ua l it y. I ndi v idua l it y. As a brand we've always stayed true to our foundations; true to the sport. For more than ten years, we've maintained our belief that there is no substitute for high performance and premium quality. Our mission, is to enhance every individual’s experience. Continuing to push the boundaries of innovation, safety and design, we work hard to remain a key player in the growth of the sport. We acknowledge all the different disciplines of riding and ultimately, we feel a responsibility to reach the...

Open the catalog to page 2
catalog 2015 - 5

B rand s tor y U2 - 001 t h e team 004 - 005 P rodu c t h ig h l ig h t s warrant y + 6 010 - 011 progre s s ion q 012 - 017 te c h no f or c e d 2 018 - 019 kite s 020 - 063 ba R S 064 - 085 B O A R D S T W I N T I P S 086 - 111 b I N D I N G S 112 - 123 B O A R D S D I R E C T I O N A LS 124 - 141 H A R N E SS E S 14 2 - 147 v e s tS 148 - 149 B A G S 150 - 157 appare l 15 8 - 163 P rodu c t o v er v ie w 164 - 167

Open the catalog to page 5
catalog 2015 - 6

team s erie s h ad l o w edition

Open the catalog to page 6
catalog 2015 - 7

extended warranty Since 2012 North Kiteboarding offers an extended Customers who register their North Kiteboarding pro- warranty of six months on all North Kiteboarding kites, duct* within 60 days of purchase receive an extended boards and bars of the 2012 range or later! warranty of six months beyond the legal warranty period Customers can register their North Kiteboarding products on the website using the unique product registration system! of their country. (The extended warranty begins with the expiration of the legal warranty period of their country and includes the same scope of...

Open the catalog to page 7
catalog 2015 - 8

progression q A passion for Kiteboarding linked with engineering knowhow… All areas exposed to scuffing strengthened with STPU Reinforcements, renowned for its durability against abrasion. Attention to detail is the key to the overall quality of After several years of installing this attitude in our any product. Kites are complex technical products, R&D team and production facility, the concept has and the key to progression and evolution is to keep proven successful: our kites are a superior quality analysing and optimizing all aspects of the construc- product down to every last detail,...

Open the catalog to page 8
catalog 2015 - 9

A number of construction details optimised in the Progression Q process resulted in features which are outright peop l e innovations made by North Kiteboarding and have become industry standard. North Kiteboarding stays at the cutting edge of R&D by working with two experienced kite designers and numerous product developers, who We expect a lot from the people who manufacture work closely with each other to ensure every improvement and development is transferred to each kite model in our kites. This is why we work with technically trained our range. Durability and functionality of our...

Open the catalog to page 9
catalog 2015 - 10

These pigtails distribute the load of the line connec- The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips tions to the kite, minimising the risk of fatigue, making can be easily found in case of an offshore break down. the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer They provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing more smoothly. back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre. Loaded 5 t h Line K ook P roo f Conne c tor s The loaded 5th line is a “nose line” with constant ten- The kook proof line connection points prevent acci- sion. This tension is responsible for reactive...

Open the catalog to page 10
catalog 2015 - 11

For more than 6 years North Kiteboarding has been employing Technoforce D2 on all the kites in the range. Our team has been continuously testing several other fabrics but the bottom line was – there is no better choice Key benefits › Le s s broken / torn kite s › Hig h er durabi l it y due to : of canopy material than the existing Teijin fabric. The dynamics and durability of D2 is simply exceptional. In order to further improve the fabric and optimising it for the kite specific requirements the development and evolution takes place in close collaboration with Teijin, the world market...

Open the catalog to page 11
catalog 2015 - 13

quick finder kites Thanks to our wide range of kites that are tuned to the different riding levels and styles of riding, each rider from rookie to pro will find his perfect match in our product range. Hardcore and experienced Wakestyler/Freestyler Athletic kiter who wants the best out of both worlds › Best unhooked performance high performance light wind All-rounder who looks for the Do-It-All kite Hardcore wave rider, strapless freestyler or wave board/twintip cruiser Beginner to expert who is looking for maximum in performance and hooked riding Competition oriented, athletic kiter Rider...

Open the catalog to page 13
catalog 2015 - 14

kite technology The shape profile of a kite has an immense influence on its flying characteristics. The illustrations below give a short overview of the different profile shapes and their impact on a kites’ flying characteristics. c-shape - best handling vegas, dice , evo (hybrid) - most powerful and efficient de sign › Direct steering › Unhooked characteristics › Upwind ability › Consistent turning behaviour CONS › Water relaunch in light wind › Limited lowend › Not so precise on the bar › No unhooked ability - good compromise bet ween power and handling The influence of the strut...

Open the catalog to page 14
catalog 2015 - 15

adaptive tips b a c k p i g t a i l SHEETING FORCE s e t t i n g s dice › Round turning › Best jumping › Best drifting › High depower Attach loop between black and yellow webbing. Attach loop between blue and black webbing. rebel/neo/dyno soft sheeting medium setting Hard sheeting force setting force setting › Huge depower › More power release delay › More lift › Kite reacts faster to turning impulse › Precise steering › Precise kiteloops › Less reactive steering › Kite turns tighter › More kite feedback › Smooth kite loops › Smooth kite loops › Powerful, dynamic turning › Reactive steering...

Open the catalog to page 15

All North Kites catalogs and brochures

1. Catalogue 2016

98 Pages

Archived catalogs

1. catalog_2014

83 Pages

2. CATALOG 2011

71 Pages

3. Catalog 2009

98 Pages

4. Catalog 2008