Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017
228Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 1

Marine Engine IMO Tier ll and Tier III Programme 2017

Open the catalog to page 1
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 2

All data provided in this document is non-binding. This data serves informational purposes only and is especially not guaranteed in any way. Depending on the subsequent specific individual projects, the relevant data may be subject to changes and will be assessed and determined individually for each project. This will depend on the particular characteristics of each individual project, especially specific site and operational conditions. If this document is delivered in another language than English and doubts arise concerning the translation, the English text shall prevail.

Open the catalog to page 2
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 6

Scan the code to get the Engine Programme app.

Open the catalog to page 6
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 7

MAN B&W Two-Stroke Propulsion Engines MAN Diesel & Turbo Tier II and Tier III Engine Programme The two-stroke engines in this programme are either: Tier II engines complying with IMO Tier II Tier III engines complying with Tier II when operated in Tier II mode and with Tier III when operated in Tier III mode Engine Type Designation To ensure that the engine designation describes the engine with regard to the fuel injection concept and applied Tier III technologies, the engine type designation has been expanded to include these concepts, as described below (full designation, see page 15):...

Open the catalog to page 7
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 8

MAN B&W Two-Stroke Propulsion Engines Earlier versions of this engine programme have additional engines mentioned. Some of those engine types are still available under the category ‘Replaced'. New development will only be implemented in these designs to the extent considered necessary based on service experience. New efficiency enhancing features will not be available on older engine types. Engine Power The engine brake power is stated in kW. The power values stated in the tables are available up to tropical conditions at sea level, i.e.: ■ turbocharger inlet air temperature 45°C ■...

Open the catalog to page 8
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 9

MAN B&W Two-Stroke Propulsion Engines SFOC guarantee load point. This includes tolerances on measurement equipment, engine process control and turbocharger performance. Consequently, SFOC guarantee tolerances are as follows: 5% tolerance for 100-85% engine load 6% tolerance for <85-65% engine load 7% tolerance for <65-50% engine load Please note that the SFOC guarantee can only be given in one load point for Tier II engines. For Tier III engines see page 11. Updated fuel consumption on selected engines As a result of tests, the fuel consumption on G95ME-C9, G90ME-C10, G80ME-C9 and S90ME-C10...

Open the catalog to page 9
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 10

MAN B&W Two-Stroke Propulsion Engines Fuel Consumption and Optimisation Possibilities for Tier II Engines Various optimisation possibilities for improved part-load and low-load SFOC are available for the MAN B&W type engines. High-load optimisation is for best possible SFOC at 100% engine load. Optimisation of SFOC in the part-load range (50-85%) or low-load range (25-70%) requires selection of a tuning method: ■ EGB: exhaust gas bypass Also high-pressure tuning (HPT) is available on request for ME engines. The above tuning methods are available for all SMCR points, but cannot be combined....

Open the catalog to page 10
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 11

MAN B&W Two-Stroke Propulsion Engines In dual fuel mode for GI, GIE and LGIP, fuel consumption consists of 3% and 5% for LGIM mass-based pilot liquid fuel of L1 rating (SPOC = specific pilot oil consumption) and gas fuel (SGC = specific gas consumption). All types of GI engines can operate with fuel sharing, also referred to as specified dual fuel (SDF) operation, where the ratio between pilot fuel oil and gas fuel can be selected according to preset values. Guarantee figures for dual fuel engines are given for heat rate, which has the same tolerances as SFOC guarantees, i.e. see page 9....

Open the catalog to page 11
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 12

MAN B&W Two-Stroke Propulsion Engines EGR Two EGR-matching concepts are available depending on engine type: EGR Concept T/C cut-out matching for engines with bores >= 80 cm and more than one turbocharger applied Bypass matching for engines with bores <= 70 cm and one highefficiency turbocharger and for engines with bores <= 40 cm and one conventional efficiency turbocharger EGR operation applies to ME and ME-B engines, including engine types for dual fuel, except GIE. For the smallest bore engines, especially with 5 and 6 cylinders, the availability of applicable turbochargers makes it...

Open the catalog to page 12
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 13

MAN B&W Two-Stroke Propulsion Engines Waste Heat Recovery Systems Waste heat can be economically recovered on engines with high-efficiency turbochargers by installing equipment for waste heat recovery (WHR) and matching the engine for WHR. WHR systems are available for both Tier II and Tier III engines on request. The following types of WHR systems have been approved for application: Power turbines with a power output equal to 3-5% of the engine shaft power at SMCR. Power turbines and steam turbines with a power output corresponding to 8-10% of the engine shaft power at SMCR. Steam turbine...

Open the catalog to page 13
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 14

MAN B&W Two-Stroke Propulsion Engines Engine Dimensions The minimum length L min is stated from the aft end of the crankshaft to the fore end of the engine. L min Minimum length of engine A Cylinder distance B Bedplate width B1 Bedplate width at foot flange B2 Bedplate width at top flange C Crankshaft to underside of foot flange H1 Normal lifting procedure H 2 Reduced height lifting procedure H 3 Reduced height lifting procedure with MAN B&W double-jib crane H4 Normal lifting procedure with MAN B&W double-jib crane. Dry Masses Dry masses are stated in metric tonnes for engines with MAN...

Open the catalog to page 14
Marine Engine Programme IMO Tier II and Tier III Programme 2017 - 15

Engine Type Designation (blank) Tier ll only EGRBP EGR with bypass matching EGRTC EGR with TC cut-out matching HPSCR High-pressure SCR LPSCR Low-pressure SCR Fuel injection concept Mark number (blank) GI GIE LGIM LGIP Fuel oil only Gas injection methane Gas injection ethane Liquid gas injection methanol Liquid gas injection LPG Engine concept me Diameter of cylinder bore in cm Electronically controlled Exhaust valve controlled by camshaft Stroke/bore ratio ‘Green’ ultra long stroke Super long stroke

Open the catalog to page 15

All MAN Energy Solutions - Marine catalogs and brochures

1. CP pro peller

16 Pages

2. EEDI

12 Pages

3. LNG Shipping

15 Pages

4. ME Engines

8 Pages

5. EPROX

2 Pages