Marine Engine Programme 2021
260Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 1

Marine engine programme 2021

Open the catalog to page 1
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 2

All data provided in this document is non-binding. This data serves informational purposes only and is especially not guaranteed in any way. Depending on the subsequent specific individual projects, the relevant data may be subject to changes and will be assessed and determined individually for each project. This will depend on the particular characteristics of each individual project, especially specific site and operational conditions. If this document is delivered in another language than English and doubts arise concerning the translation, the English text shall prevail.

Open the catalog to page 2
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 3

Contents MAN B&W two-stroke propulsion engines MAN B&W two-stroke propulsion systems MAN four-stroke propulsion engines MAN four-stroke marine GenSets S.E.M.T. Pielstick four-stroke propulsion engines MAN four-stroke propulsion systems MAN turbochargers and exhaust gas systems MAN PrimeServ Contacts

Open the catalog to page 3
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 4

MAN ECO CONTROL Rely on our solutions to optimize your performance We offer a range of technologies and services designed to enhance the sustainability of your ships. Our portfolio of especially developed solutions helps you lower emissions, increase efficiency and make operation more flexible and reliable.

Open the catalog to page 4
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 5

For more information please consult our website.

Open the catalog to page 5
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 6

MAN B&W two-stroke propulsion engines

Open the catalog to page 6
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 8

MAN Energy Solutions Tier II and Tier III engine programme The two-stroke engines in this programme are either: – Tier II engines complying with IMO Tier II – ier III engines complying with Tier II when operated in Tier II mode, and T with Tier III when operated in Tier III mode The latest updates on engine development and options are available at: www.man-es.com → marine → products → planning-tools-and-downloads → market-update-notes. The latest updated engine programme is available at: www.man-es.com → marine → products → planning-tools-and-downloads → marine-engine-programme Engine type...

Open the catalog to page 8
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 9

ME-B engines ME-B engines use electronically controlled pressure boosters for the fuel injection whereas actuation of the exhaust valves is camshaft operated, but with electronically controlled variable closing timing. CEAS and turbocharger selection (TCS) CEAS (computerized engine application system) and TCS applications cover all engine variants including available dual fuel and Tier III technology options. These applications provide basic and essential data for the design and dimensioning of a ship’s engine room (CEAS) and for the applicable turbochargers (TCS). Useful information on...

Open the catalog to page 9
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 10

G45ME-C9.7 available with increased speed The G45ME-C9.7 is specified with the L1 speed and power indicated below: Engine G45ME-C9.7 with increased speed* * ariant with increased speed and unchanged L1 MEP (21 bar) available on request for V 5- and 6-cylinder. Power Speed Schematic layout diagram with extended area for G45ME-C9.7. Specific fuel oil consumption (SFOC) The figures in the two-stroke chapter represent the values obtained when the engine and turbocharger are matched to the lowest possible SFOC values while fulfilling the IMO NO X Tier II or Tier III emission limits. The SFOC...

Open the catalog to page 10
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 11

When choosing an SFOC guarantee at or below 100%, the tolerances, adjustment and calibration at 100% will affect an engine running at the lower SFOC guarantee load point. This includes tolerances on measuring equipment, engine process control and turbocharger performance. Consequently, SFOC guarantee tolerances are as follows: – 5% tolerance for 100-85% engine load – 6% tolerance for <85-65% engine load – 7% tolerance for <65-50% engine load Please note that the SFOC guarantee can only be given in one load point for Tier II engines. For Tier III engines see page 14. Turbocharging system...

Open the catalog to page 11
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 12

EPT (engine process tuning) is available for G95ME-C10.5, G80ME-C10.5 and G60ME-C10.5. EPT uses engine control process parameters to improve part- or low-load SFOC. This engine programme introduces the G95ME-C10.6 with SEQ (sequential tuning) method. This includes sequential fuel injection and turbocharging application similar to the EGRTC Tier III technology. This will be available in the low-load version. The tuning methods mentioned are available for all SMCR points, but cannot be combined. In cases where part-load or low-load EGB tuning is applied, and a higher steam production is...

Open the catalog to page 12
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 13

The first engines introduced are G60 and G70ME-C10.5-GA-EGRBP. Figures for these engines are included in this engine programme (see pages 92-117). Fuel Fuel designation Methane Ethane *LPG is a mixture of liquid propane and butane. In this engine programme, GI figures are included for engines where GI is applicable. Examples of figures for GIE, LGIP and LGIM are included for a selection of engines (see page 92). Pilot oil energy fraction In dual fuel mode, the pilot oil energy fraction amounts to 1.5% for GI (0.5% for G70ME-C10/9.5-GI and 5.0% for S35ME-C9.7-GI), 3.0% for GIE and LGIP, and...

Open the catalog to page 13
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 14

All types of GI engines can operate with fuel sharing, also referred to as specified dual fuel (SDF) operation, where the ratio between pilot fuel oil and gas fuel can be selected according to preset values. Guarantee figures for dual fuel engines are given for heat rate, which has the same tolerances as SFOC guarantees, see page 10. Heat rate is defined as follows (example for methane as dual fuel): Heat rate (kJ/kWh) = SGC (g/kWh) × 50 kJ/g + SPOC (g/kWh) × 42.7 kJ/g. The CEAS report will specify the distribution between SGC and SPOC as well as the heat rate over the load range. Please...

Open the catalog to page 14
Marine Engine Programme 2021 - 15

All Tier III engines have at least two operating modes: – Tier III mode fulfilling the IMO Tier III regulations – Tier II mode fulfilling the IMO Tier II regulations Tier III technologies are designed for either low-sulphur fuels (<0.1%) or high-sulphur fuels (>0.5% and <3.5%) in Tier III operation. In Tier II operation, the engine is in all cases capable of using fuels with a high sulphur content. The fuel sulphur content must be selected when the engine is ordered, as it impacts the engine design. Fuel consumption guarantees can be given for engines for both Tier II and Tier III modes....

Open the catalog to page 15

All MAN Energy Solutions - Marine catalogs and brochures

1. CP pro peller

16 Pages

2. EEDI

12 Pages

3. LNG Shipping

15 Pages

4. ME Engines

8 Pages

5. EPROX

2 Pages