Kokatat Catalog 2009
28Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 2

WELCOME KO K ATAT to a friendly company of paddling enthusiasts, committed to quality and service! The company now known as Kokatat was started in 1971 by a college student named Steve O’Meara with an eye towards making innovative outdoor gear, such as the world’s first GORE-TEX® bivy sack. With Steve still at the helm, our company continues to dedicate itself to his original intent, offering the industry’s most extensive line of watersports wear and enjoying a deserved reputation for product quality and commitment to watersports. Our very name, Kokatat, means “into the water” in the...

Open the catalog to page 2
Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 3

KOK ATAT WOMEN SIZED FOR SUPERMODELS ... and the rest of the planet—why choose kokatat? Because you shouldn’t have to compromise. A garment that fits poorly can start with discomfort and end in disappointment. Leaks and abrasion are often caused by poor fit and can happen at the worst time- while you are out on the water. Kokatat was the first company to offer women’s sizing in paddle sports clothing and has created Ra e Rive the most extensive line of women’s paddling apparel in the r in industry. Whether it is a splash top, a rash guard or one of Nu na our legendary dry suits, our women’s...

Open the catalog to page 3
Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 4

L IF E JAC K E T S The life jacket is one of the most important pieces of equipment when it comes to paddle sports. Comfort and safety are our primary goals when designing and manufacturing these important items. Kokatat offers a style to suit every paddler from low-profile whitewater models like the ORBIT to models with plenty of storage capacity for the touring enthusiast like the MsFIT Tour. Kokatat life jackets are St e wa rt made with GAIA® PVC-free foam. o ce an s 8, (A n t ar c F io )© t i ca na hh Ronin A low-profile life jacket that offers full spinal and rib protection,...

Open the catalog to page 4
Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 5

life jacke t accesso r ies These high quality and ergonomically designed accessories allow you to customize your life jacket. Our innovative clip-on Rear Pocket, Tributary and Reflective Tape can be attached to most Kokatat life jackets (except Orbit and SeaO ). These accessories allow you to mix and match 2 Fyn storage capacity solutions based upon individual needs. Isla nd (D e nm ark )© B jö hh Tributary 1.8 liter reservoir, reflective tape. Attaches to all Kokatat life jackets except SeaO2 and Orbit. hh Rear Pocket rn Ne hrh of f v on Hol d erb erg hh Reflective Tape Attaches to all...

Open the catalog to page 5
Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 6

L IFE JACKE TS Back view hh Bahia A variable-thickness foam back with a mesh vent panel minimizes bulk and maximizes airflow against the taller seats of recreational kayaks and sit-on-tops while the articulated front panels curve around the wearer. Single pocket keeps small items close at hand and will accommodate small fly boxes. Hel en W il s o n on H umbo ldt B ay ( Buoyancy (lb./oz.): S/M (16/08), L/XL (17/00), XXL (17/00) UL: cobalt, mango, sand ULC: cobalt, mango Sizes: S/M, L/XL, XXL C A ) © M ar t a M i l l e r hh Bahia Tour In addition to the features of the Bahia, the Tour adds an...

Open the catalog to page 6
Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 7

RESCUE Kokatat’s Type V rescue life jackets come with ergonomic pockets, sensible storage capacity, attachment points for life jackets accessories and the strength recommended by the United States Coast Guard for towing and/or rescue. All of our life jackets are approved by the US Coast Guard and meet or d B en models are approved by the Department of Transport Ta y l o r a n exceed US Coast Guard Buoyancy requirements. Selected , Din ke y (Canada), and by CE (Europe). Cre ek Wa hh Ronin Pro te r f al ls © A trimmed-down profile and unique internal harness provide a comfortable, secure fit,...

Open the catalog to page 7
Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 8

Kokatat’s extensive selection of dry suits will not only keep you 100% dry, but they are uniquely patterned to comfortably move with your motions as you paddle. Our GORE-TEX® dry suits provide the maximum amount of comfort and performance, allowing perspiration vapor to escape from the inside, while remaining completely waterproof and GORE-TEX ® dry suits Tr i n ida d Ch an n el ( W ester n P a t a g o n i a) windproof from the outside. You can run that rapid with confidence or make those time-sensitive crossings feeling comfortable and safe wearing a Kokatat dry suit. Made in the USA. © Cr...

Open the catalog to page 8
Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 9

GFE: GORE-TEX® Front Entry GME: GORE-TEX® Meridian GFER: (shown) GORE-TEX® Front Entry with relief zipper and GORE-TEX® socks GMER: (shown) GORE-TEX® Meridian with relief zipper and GORE-TEX® socks WGFE: Women’s GORE-TEX® Front Entry WGME: Women’s GORE-TEX® Meridian WGFED: Women’s GORE-TEX® Front Entry with drop seat and GORE-TEX® socks WGMED: Women’s GORE-TEX® Meridian with drop seat and GORE-TEX® socks hh GORE-TEX® Front Entry Dry Suit hh GORE-TEX® Meridian Dry Suit Kokatat’s supple, high count nylon, 3-layer GORE-TEX® is completely waterproof, breathable and durable. This fabric is the...

Open the catalog to page 9
Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 10

T3 dry an d TR O P O S sui t s The family of TROPOS fabrics continues to grow! rw ay )© Bir gi t Ryn ing e n Our new TROPOS 3-layer fabric, known as T3, adds ( No rs A nde L evo ll, E i de m ci gl a er, Sv a rd lb a a protective polyester tricot lining to the inside of the fabric. Without adding much weight, durability is greatly increased. The movement of moisture vapor (also known as perspiration) is also improved for better comfort as the temperature or your activity level increases. Two year warranty on TROPOS and T3 suits. Made in the USA. hh T3 Meridian Dry Suit with relief zipper and...

Open the catalog to page 10
Kokatat Catalog 2009 - 11

G O R E -T E X ® an d TR O P O S d r y t ops Whether you paddle in the river or the ocean, you can be sure that your purchase of a Kokatat dry top ensures an excellent fit, the best materials and construction techniques and many hours of testing and feedback by professional paddlers. Two year limited warranty on TROPOS dry tops. All dry tops are available in men’s and women’s sizing. Ko ka tat c us tom er s erv ic e in a c tion ! Stu a r t W i l l i a m s , M i d - C a s c a d e (C A i bs ) ©G on M ok l er hh Rogue Dry Top hh Helix Dry Top Taking styling cues from the Rogue, the Helix...

Open the catalog to page 11

All Kokatat catalogs and brochures