System 2000 - 2 Pages
A MODERN ALUMINIUM-STRUCTURED PONTOON SYSTEM
This modern design, comprising special aluminium
extrusions hardwood deck and concrete floats, has been
developed as a result of our continuous research
programme and practical experience gained over the past
The design has the following features:
Considerable care has been taken
through extensive long term testing to
ensure the aluminium alloy used is
suitable for use in marine environments.
A series of tests were conducted on
System 2000 prototype units to establish
their structural adequacy.
• Aluminium structure using specially commissioned extrusions.
• Proven record of Walcon fibre concrete protected expanded
• A modular design enabling most layouts to be
achieved using standard units.
• Complete flexibility of finger positioning.
• Full provision for the increasingly complex
service requirements of modern marinas.
• A sensible blend of durability and
• A system suitably robust for use in most
sheltered sites worldwide.
• Various freeboards and live loadings
Walcon System 2000.indd 1
Services have often been an
afterthought in marina construction but
easy access to cables and connections
during installation and subsequently for
maintenance saves money. System
2000 walkways may be fitted with
continuous ducts along both sides of
walkways which give direct access to
services and connections without the
need to remove decking.
1/4/05 9:16:59 am