STEYR MARINE ENGINES MO174V40 - 2 Pages
I N N O VAT I O N W I T H L I G H T N E S S
STEYR MARINE ENGINES
I M O 17 4 V 4 0
125 KW (170 HP) rated speed 4000 rpm
The state-of-the-art STEYR Marine Diesel Engine with dual
cooling circuit fulfilling the strengthened future marine
Hydraulic pump optional
The STEYR Marine Engine MO174V40 is designed for high
performance.The innovative fuel injection technology enables an
excellent torque and speed range.Therefore adaptation to existing
marine propulsion systems can be performed easily.
Remarkable features of the STEYR Marine Engines are the dynamic
behaviour and immediate response as well as the impressive
The STEYR Marine Engines are manufactured using high alloy materials to
provide enduring longevity for all running components. Using corrosion
resistant materials for the entire seawater system as a standard in the dual
circuit cooling system. Consequently designed solutions to meet the criteria
of marine environment guarantee the best corrosion protection for any
auxiliaries and electronic components in marine ambience.
The patented 2-stage UNIT INJECTOR fuel injection technology provides
for a worldwide approved and smooth operation noise (patented).
Noise emission levels are over the most important operating range below
the running noise of gasoline engines. The additional elastic separation of
the Monoblock against the aluminum casted engine housing reduces the
engine related vibration transmitted into the hull therefore the noise level
on board is further reduced.
Torque and speed range characteristic enable optimal matching to individual
application while maintaining transmission, gear ratio and propeller dimensions.
The big choice of matched accessories fulfills the highest level of quality and
comfort for you on board of your vessel.
The trend-setting UNIT INJECTOR system enables us to conform with the
valid emission regulations RCD 44/2003/EC and respectively we fulfill the
announced EPA – Tier II emission regulations.
T U R B O
D I E S E L
STEYR Marine Engines allow the installation with different driving system
in your boat. Adaptation for Marine transmissions with different output
configuration (direct, horizontal down-angle 8°, V-drive 12°), to choose
from an intermediate housing for propeller shaft for installation to MerCruiser
Bravo I, Bravo II and Bravo III Stern-Drives. Repowering kits for the most
used Sterndrives available.
Our unique and robust monoblock design, engine block and cylinder head
made from high grade alloy cast iron, without limitation in cooling and
unrivaled roundness of the cylinder gives exceptional life time for the liner.
• Chrome-Molybdenum forged crankshaft, dynamically balanced
• Pistons are cast from high silicon aluminum, with oil cooling channel in
• Hardened valve-seats high performance NIMONIC valve material
• Elastic coupling on flywheel, design matched depending on application
Adjustable front and rear silent blocks capable to take propeller thrust.
• Exchangeable oil filter cartridge
• Oil scavenger pipe through dipstick
• Closed crankcase breathing system
• Integrated high pressure UNIT INJECTOR with dual stage fuel-injection
technology, operated by overhead camshaft and rocker arms.
• Electric fuel pump (automatic bleeding capability)
• Exchangeable fuel filter cartridge
Freshwater cooled exhaust manifold and seawater cooled exhaust elbow
• Freshwater cooling system with thermostat control
• Heat exchanger with integrated expansion tank system
• Connection prepared for boiler/cabin heating system
• Sea water pump with impeller, integrated and replaceable wear plates
All STEYR MOTORS GmbH catalogues and brochures
Marine Monoblock 4 cylinders
Marine Monoblock 6 cylinders
STEYR SOLAS ENGINES
Tool Catalog Steyr Engines