video corpo

Issue 75 - Summer 2013
128Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 1

news from the world of oyster SU MMER 2 0 1 3 // i s s u e 7 5 w w w. o y s t e r y ac h t s. c o m news from the world of oyster: 40 YEARS AND COUNTING // OYSTER PRODUCT UPDATE // OYSTER REGATTAS WORLD RALLY UPDATE // OYSTER 885 REVIEW

Open the catalog to page 1
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 3

contents 75 0 4 // O y s t e r L i f e 0 8 // O y s t e r Y a c h t s t o d a y David Tydeman 1 6 // OYSTER SU P ERYACHTS David Tydeman 2 0 // OYSTER W OR L D RA L L Y U P DATE Louay Habib 2 8 // 4 0 YEARS AND COUNTIN G Owen Mike 6 1 // W HIMS AND A ROYA L W EDDIN G and Devala Robinson Mike 7 3 // O y s t e r 5 7 5 U P DATE Owen Mike 7 7 // THR o u g h t h e NORTH - W EST P ASSA G E Mariusz Koper Louay Habib Louay Habib Misty McIntosh 1 0 4 // OYSTER 8 8 5 RE V IE W Owen Mike OYSTER news

Open the catalog to page 3
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 4

Editor Rebecca Twiss Contributing Editors Louay Habib Mike Owen From the Editor: We know from our readers that the articles they most enjoy reading in the Oyster magazine are the contributions from Oyster owners. If you have a story to tell or information about cruising in your Oyster please let us know. Photographs are always welcome. E: rebecca.twiss@oysteryachts.com The Oyster magazine is published by Oyster Marine Ltd. The publication is for promotional purpose only, privately circulated, and cannot form part of any contract or offer. Views, details and information herein are therefore...

Open the catalog to page 4
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 5

welcome I’m very pleased to introduce this special edition of the Oyster Magazine, our 75th issue, celebrating Oyster’s 40th birthday. We have included a special feature on the history of Oyster and how we This transition to fully owning both yards has allowed us to position OYS have developed from the early ideas to the proud company we are now. ready for larger custom projects and to entertain much wider customisation I’m also delighted to report that we closed 2012 with a profitable set of results of the Oyster 825 and 885 than we were able to undertake for the Oyster 82s. and a stronger...

Open the catalog to page 5
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 6

Oyster life 75 A T L A N T I C RE C O R D S W ELLS Last winter saw a record number of Oysters crossing the Atlantic in one season with an impressive total of 39 Oysters transiting from Las Palmas, 24 of these taking part in the 2012 ARC, with some doing really rather well. Chris Glossop’s Oyster 575, Dreamer of Hamble took first overall in Cruising Class B and was also first Oyster on corrected time in the Cruising Division, so taking the Oyster Trophy. Moving up in size and into the Invitation Division, Oyster 82 Raven came in as first Oyster on corrected time, too, while Andrew and...

Open the catalog to page 6
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 7

O Y S T ER RE G A T T A S 2 0 1 3 / 1 4 Supported by our family of sponsors, Oyster Regattas and events are run on a hands-on basis by our own staff and, with the emphasis on fun, all include parties and social functions every evening, not just for owners but also for crew and friends. As we don’t sell through agents or dealers, most owners have a direct relationship with Oyster staff so can be sure of finding friendly faces and a warm welcome on arrival. As you’ll see below, events also take place, quite literally, around the world. Palma: 2 – 5 October 2013 Oyster is delighted to be...

Open the catalog to page 7
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 8

Oyster life 75 A N O T H ER O Y S T ER C IR C UM N A V I G A T O R At the conclusion of almost six years of adventure, Colin and Sarah Seaman recently completed a lengthy circumnavigation on their Oyster 55 Moonbeam of Dartmouth. Leaving Oyster HQ in Ipswich in October 2006, and with a total trip length of 43,883 nautical miles, Moonbeam finally arrived back on her berth in La Roche Bernard on 25th August 2012, with Colin and Sarah having spent nine months in New Zealand, a year in Australia and six months in South Africa en route. I N MEM O R Y O F T W O S A ILI N G LE G E N D S It was...

Open the catalog to page 8
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 9

V O R T E C M A RI N E FIRE T R A I N I N G SIMUL A T O R Adding to their experience of potentially dangerous situations aboard, Oyster World Rally partner Vortec Marine Training has launched an exciting new level to their safety courses. To enhance understanding, capability and improve chances of O Y S T ER E V E N T S 2 0 1 3 Open Yards at Orust 23 – 25 August survival in potentially catastrophic HISWA In-Water Show brought a full-size fire and flood Festival de la Plaisance, Cannes simulator on site at their Universal Marina base on the River Hamble. The simulator is designed to give a...

Open the catalog to page 9
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 10

Oyster Yachts today I h a v e h a d t h e p r i v i l e g e o f b e i n g at t h e h e l m o f O y s t e r f o r j u s t t e n p e r c e n t o f i t s h i s t o r y – f o u r y e a r s o u t o f 4 0 ! S o , a s w e c o m p i l e d t h i s l at e s t O y s t e r M a g a z i n e w i t h t h e a r t i c l e s c e l e b r at i n g t h e 4 0 y e a r s , I WAS AS K ED TO ADD A FEW WORDS ABOUT s o m e c h a n g e s m a d e d u r i n g m y t e n u r e text by David Tydeman OYSTER news

Open the catalog to page 10
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 11

‘Evolution, not Revolution’ remains the driver of any changes we consider and with over 20 yachts – new and brokerage – sold in the first half of 2013, it seems the market thinks we are on the right tracks! We took the decision to reduce the Ipswich team to only those selling, Organisation changes marketing or supporting the yachts – moving everyone at Ipswich who works on building yachts to the yards. The lead Design and Technical team now resides in Oyster’s Southampton Yard (OYS) led by our Group Technical Director Harvey Jones, and we have a small supporting design team based The most...

Open the catalog to page 11
Issue 75 - Summer 2013 - 12

Product update The most important change we’ve made the last few years has been our investment in the yachts we build. Across the whole range, we have refined the designs, restyled where we can and produced some new models. The vertical ‘Seascape’ windows were first seen on the Oyster 625 in 2010 and added so much sense of space and light to the saloon that we were quickly asked whether we could add them to other models. The clean deck layouts, twin rudders and more powerful sail-plans of the new Oyster 885 and Oyster 825 similarly led to ideas for the rest of the range. The new Oyster 475...

Open the catalog to page 12

All Oyster Marine catalogs and brochures

1. OYSTER 745

2 Pages

2. OYSTER 675

2 Pages

3. OYSTER 118

29 Pages

4. OYSTER 895

28 Pages

5. OYSTER 835

24 Pages