video corpo

NOVA CRAFT CANOE Catalogue_2013
16Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

NOVA CRAFT CANOE Catalogue_2013 - 1

BROADENING HORIZONS AHEAD Thank you for your interest in Nova Craft Canoe! As we move into our 43rd year of canoe building we want to acknowledge people like you who support paddlesports simply by getting out there and doing it. You have helped take us from humble beginnings in 1970 as a garage based specialty canoe builder to one of the most respected brands available. Our goal is to continue to provide paddlers with quality canoes covering an increasingly wider variety of applications. That said, the year ahead is shaping up to be an exciting time of broadening our horizons and offering you more choices from the Nova Craft menu! We’re thrilled to be offering paddlers a variety of new canoe models for 2013! Whitewater enthusiasts will be happy to know that the first two canoes out of the gate are the Moisie 16’6” tandem and Ocoee 11’3” solo. We’ll talk more about these below. Very soon to follow will be two offerings for the flatwater crowd; the Falcon 16’ and Eagle 17’ tripping models. So whether your thing is glassy, calm lakes or a rapid-fueled adrenaline rush, we’re proud to be broadening our catalogue and offering you a greater variety of quality canoes to choose from. The Falcon and the Eagle are cruiser designs for paddlers that are looking for flatwater canoes with efficient lines, outstanding tracking and good speed on the lake. They feature plumb stems, sharp entry lines, narrow width, and a shallow asymmetrical hull shape. Even though these canoes are cruisers, the Falcon remains maneuverable due to its slight rocker. The Eagle’s high-volume is stable and has good load capacity. Canoeists looking for a day trip or month long expedition will find what they are looking for in these models. The Falcon and Eagle will accommodate every flatwater paddler, from beginner to expert. They will be available in early spring. The Moisie was inspired by an original Steve Scarborough design. It is a tandem whitewater tripping canoe that will appeal to seasoned paddlers with a taste for rapids. Extremely responsive under the toughest conditions, it’s perfect for any whitewater setting. It’s wide, deep hull and raked ends will keep you dry even when carrying a heavy load of gear. The Moisie comes standard with vinyl gunwales and weighs 64lbs in Royalex and 77lbs in Royalex Plus. creeking and general river running and it is an outstanding OC1 for slalom. With practice the Ocoee is definitely a canoe that any whitewater enthusiast can savour. The Ocoee comes standard with vinyl gunwales and weighs 38lbs in Royalex and 44lbs in Royalex Plus. The Ocoee is based on a very popular OC1 design by Frankie Hubbard. It is one of the most sought after solo whitewater playboats ever produced. The Ocoee’s flexibility is remarkable for Whether it’s one of our new models or one of our popular classics, we hope you find your next canoe in the pages that follow.

Open the catalog to page 1
NOVA CRAFT CANOE Catalogue_2013 - 2

Why I’m Happy we Make Canoes by Tim Miller Recreational Series Canoes Beyond the Comfort Zone by Gail Shields Recreational, Whitewater & Outfitter Series Canoes Family Time in Algonquin by Kevin Callan Cruiser Series Canoes Paddle Smart, Not Hard by Rolf Kraiker Materials, Accessories & Options, Glossary of Terms Choosing the Right Canoe for You & Trim Systems Prospector Series Canoes Canoe Specifications WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE I BUY A CANOE? Think of a canoe as a long term investment; you will probably go through a few computers, TVs, and even vehicles before you start to see the end of...

Open the catalog to page 2
NOVA CRAFT CANOE Catalogue_2013 - 3

WHY I’M HAPPY WE MAKE CANOES Tim Miller, President, Nova Craft Canoe No staged pictures. No big fancy photo shoot. Just my son Ben, his wife Nicole and our three young grand children, Caroline, Gwen and Blake enjoying an afternoon paddle. Lots of fish, turtles, birds, dragonflies and waterlilies were discovered along the way. It’s simply a beautiful thing. The Frankie Hubbard Award In honor of a respected and well-renowned canoe designer, Nova Craft Canoe is introducing the annual Frankie Hubbard Award. It will be announced on May 4th of each year and will recognize anyone between the ages...

Open the catalog to page 3
NOVA CRAFT CANOE Catalogue_2013 - 4

BEYOND THE COMFORT ZONE Gail Shields, Seasonal Pursuits beseeching words have stuck with me woman swam with a Nahanni river trip. person I have ever had on any trip I've guided. She was one of 10 women on a trip that was to challenge each of them in many different ways. Why were they going to an environment that was so foreign to most of them? One hadn't even slept in a tent before! But each of them did choose to put themselves The warm-up weekend gave them a glimpse into the camping and paddling skills though nothing could prepare them for the unparalleled beauty and scale of the wonders...

Open the catalog to page 4
NOVA CRAFT CANOE Catalogue_2013 - 5

FAMILY TIME IN ALGONQUIN Kevin Callan, The Happy Camper trip this past Summer portaging across Ontario's Algonquin Provincial Park. spent. We caught lots of frogs, toasted Smore's around the campsite, found a beach to swim every day; the bond between father and daughter was immeasurable. It always has been. Since she was out of diapers I've made sure Kyla was part of the trip rather then someone tagging along on it. She carries her own pack on the portage - even though it only contains a collection of Barbie's and her favorite books. She has chores to do around camp as well, like helping...

Open the catalog to page 5
NOVA CRAFT CANOE Catalogue_2013 - 6

PADDLE SMART, NOT HARD Rolf Kraiker, Blazing Paddles When you're standing on shore looking at a set of rapids, adrenaline flowing as you're thinking about the rush you'll experience as you hit the drop its hard to equate that with a game of chess, but in truth there's as much of a mental challenge as a physical one to be good at paddling the frothy stuff. At the end of a day-long teaching session, a student once remarked on how relaxed I looked. Her observation was that even though I'd spent a lot more time paddling on the river than she had, I still had lots of energy left while she was...

Open the catalog to page 6
NOVA CRAFT CANOE Catalogue_2013 - 7

NEW WHITEWATER EXCITEMENT Moisie 16’ 6” One of the most outstanding wild rivers in Canada is the namesake for Nova Craft's new expedition canoe, the Moisie. It is an incredible tripping canoe for modern day explorers who want to tackle whitewater with big waves and deep holes. The symmetrical shape, deep hull, large volume ends and 4” of rocker makes for lots of manoeuvrability and a dry ride in the big stuff. At 34” wide the Moisie still has enough speed on the flat sections to get you to the next set of rapids with ease. The Moise has plenty of carrying capacity for extended river...

Open the catalog to page 7

All Nova Craft catalogs and brochures

Archived catalogs