Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013
164Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 1

MAN Diesel & Turbo Marine Engine IMO Tier ll Programme Copyright 2012 © MAN Diesel & Turbo, branch of MAN Diesel & Turbo SE, Germany, registered with the Danish Commerce and Companies Agency under CVR Nr.: 31611792, (herein referred to as “MAN Diesel & Turbo”). This document is the product and property of MAN Diesel & Turbo and is protected by applicable copyright laws. Subject to modification in the interest of technical progress. Reproduction permitted provided source is given. 4510-0012-00ppr Jan 2013 2013 MAN Diesel & Turbo – a member of the MAN Group Marine Engine IMO Tier ll Programme 2013

Open the catalog to page 1
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 2

All data provided in this document is non-binding. This data serves informational purposes only and is especially not guaranteed in any way. Depending on the subsequent specific individual projects, the relevant data may be subject to changes and will be assessed and determined individually for each project. This will depend on the particular characteristics of each individual project, especially specific site and operational conditions. If this document is delivered in another language than English and doubts arise concerning the translation, the English text shall prevail.

Open the catalog to page 2
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 3

MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Engines 5-62 MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Systems 67 - 72 MAN Medium Speed Propulsion Engines 73 -106 MAN Medium Speed Marine GenSets 107 -120 S.E.M.T. Pielstick Medium Speed 121 _ 126 Propulsion Engines MAN Medium Speed Propulsion Systems 127 -136

Open the catalog to page 3
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 4

Stay up to date with all the news from the world's lead- ing provider of large-bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications. Download the interactive DieselFacts magazine to your tablet from App Store or Google Play and enjoy extra features not available in the print version. -----

Open the catalog to page 4
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 5

Engineering the Future - since 1758.

Open the catalog to page 5
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 7

MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Engines MAN Diesel & Turbo Tier II Engine Programme The engines in this programme all comply with IMO’s Tier II emissions. ME Programme The electronic control of ME/ME-C/-GI engines includes the combustion process, i.e. fuel injection timing, actuation of exhaust valves and starting valves, and cylinder lubrication. On ME-B/-GI engines, the combustion process is electronically controlled while the actuation of exhaust valves and starting valves is hydraulically or mechanically controlled. The advantages of ME engines are: fuel optimised over a wide power range...

Open the catalog to page 7
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 8

MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Engines MC Programme MAN B&W two-stroke MC/MC-C engines are characterised by having mechanically driven camshaft-controlled fuel pumps. VIT (Variable Injection Timing) fuel pumps are MAN Diesel & Turbo’s standard design on mechanically controlled MC/MC-C Tier II engines with 46 bore and above. The engine’s maximum firing pressure can be controlled accordingly to ensure optimum combination of NO x and SFOC can be obtained at all loads. Old Replaced Engines Earlier versions of this engine programme have additional engines mentioned. Those engine types are still...

Open the catalog to page 8
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 9

MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Engines Specific Fuel Oil Consumption (SFOC) The figures given in this folder represent the values obtained when the engine and turbocharger are matched to the lowest possible SFOC values while also fulfilling the IMO NO x Tier II emission limitations. Stricter emission limits can be met on request, using proven technologies. The SFOC figures are given in g/kWh, and are based on the use of fuel with a lower calorific value (LCV) equal to 42,700 kJ/kg (~10,200 kcal/kg) at ISO conditions: ambient air pressure ambient air temperature cooling water temperature 1,000...

Open the catalog to page 9
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 10

MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Engines Layout Diagram The layout diagram applicable for the engines is defined by the power and speed combinations L, - L2 - L3 and L4, with L, indicating the nominal Any combination of speed and power within the layout diagram may be used for selecting the G80ME-C9, G50ME-B9, G45ME-B9 and G40ME-B9 Engines Available at Increased Speed with Unchanged MEP are specified with the 1^ speed and power indicated in the table below: Engine L, speed [rpm] L, power/cyl. [kW] Variants of these engines with increased speed and unchanged MEP are Engine L, speed [rpm] L,...

Open the catalog to page 10
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 11

MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Engines Fuel Consumption and Optimisation Possibilities The current economic scenario has placed more emphasis on operational flexibility in terms of demand for improved part-load and low-load SFOC. As described below, different optimisation possibilities for the MAN B&W type engines have been developed. NO x regulations place a limit on the SFOC on two-stroke engines. In general, NO x emissions will increase if SFOC is decreased and vice versa. In the standard configuration, the engines are optimised close to the IMO NO x limit and, therefore, NO x emissions...

Open the catalog to page 11
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 12

MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Engines SFOC Curves for the GI Engines Examples of SFOC curves for GI engines with liquid fuel and gas fuel are shown on the following two graphs for L1 and L 3 layout points respectively. Depending on engine type, these points differ. L1 Liquid fuel SFOC L1 Gas fuel -6 g/kWh -1 g/kWh -4 g/kWh 35 SFOC Engine load 100 L3 Liquid fuel L3 Gas fuel -3.5 g/kWh -1 g/kWh -2.5 g/kWh 35 SFOC Curves for the ME-B Engines The SFOC curves for the SFOC new ME-B engines with adjustable exhaust valve -4.5 g/kWh closing compared to the previous. Engine load 100 Previous ME-B...

Open the catalog to page 12
Marine Engine IMO Tier II Programme 2nd Edition 2013 - 13

MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Engines Engine Control Tuning – Available for 50-98 Bore Electronic Controlled Engines This method can be implemented without change of engine components (including matching of turbochargers), only engine control parameters are changed. The method solely utilises the possibility for variable exhaust valve timing and injection timing and profiling. Two different optimisation possibilities are available. With part-load optimisation, SFOC is decreased at all loads below 85%. With low-load optimisation, SFOC is further decreased at loads below 70%, however, at the...

Open the catalog to page 13

All MAN Energy Solutions - Marine catalogs and brochures

1. CP pro peller

16 Pages

2. EEDI

12 Pages

3. LNG Shipping

15 Pages

4. ME Engines

8 Pages

5. EPROX

2 Pages