Bluefin-21
2Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Bluefin-21 - 1

GENERAL. DYNAMICS Mission Systems ®f—^ III I IV. I The Bluefin-21 is a highly modular autonomous underwater vehicle able to L—J L_ LJ C> I I I \l carry multiple sensors and payloads at once. It boasts a high energy capacity that enables extended operations even at the greatest depths. The Bluefin-21 T\ U D \J I w O has immense capability but is also flexible enough to operate from various ships of opportunity worldwide. FREE-FLOODED MODULARITY - The vehicle design includes swappable Applications: payload sections and battery modules for in-field mission reconfiguration. „rf , „ and also allow for in-field maintenance, accelerating operational tempo. Offshore Survey Y EFFICIENT WORKHORSE - The Bluefin-21 is an efficient, deep-rated AUV able to execute surveys with demanding requirements typically addressed by Search & Salvage larger, more cumbersome platforms. Its small size and ability to be launched and recovered from a simple A-frame or docking head allow it to take advantage of ships of opportunity. Archaeology & Exploration ACCURATE NAVIGATION - The Bluefin-21 uses an INS to provide the best possible navigation accuracy. Dead reckoning drift is typically less than 0.1 % OceanoaraDhv °^ distance traveled, yielding higher quality data. USBL aiding further improves navigation accuracy. AIR-SHIPPABLE - The vehicle, batteries and support equipment can be Mine Countermeasures (MCM) broken down and packaged into easily transportable sections, making the system ideal for time-critical and remote operations.

Open the catalog to page 1
Bluefin-21 - 2

Technical Specifications ■ Lift Points: 1 (located mid-vehicle) ■ Endurance: 25 hours @ 3 knots with standard payload ■ Nine 1.5 kWh battery packs ■ Gimbaled, ducted thruster for ■INS, DVL.SVSandGPS ■ USBL tracking with vehicle position updates ■ Antenna: Integrated — GPS, RF, Iridium and strobe ■ Ethernet via shore power cable ■ Fault and leak detection, dropweight, ■ acoustic tracking transponder, ■ Software: GUI-based Operator Tool Suite ■4 GB flash drive for vehicle data ■ Plus additional payload storage ■ Standard Payloads (others available): ■ EdgeTech 2200-M 120/410 kHz side scan...

Open the catalog to page 2

All Bluefin Robotics Corporation catalogs and brochures

1. Bluefin-9M

2 Pages

2. Bluefin-12S

2 Pages

3. Bluefin-12D

2 Pages

4. HAUV

2 Pages

5. Bluefin-9

2 Pages