Boat International VOLPINI 2 - 9 Pages

Add to MyNauticExpo favorites
Boat International VOLPINI 2

Catalog excerpts

On board the new Amels 188, Volpini 2 The future of private aviation page 163 The state of the market – the 2019 Global Order Book revealed + The B u si n e s s of Ya c ht i n g + What we learned from the 2008 crash, by the industry’s biggest players Tracking the fall and rise of China's superyacht sc

Open the catalog to page 1

Tiers of joy Faced with strict new Tier III regulations, Amels has embraced the future and created a clean, green trailblazer, as Marilyn Mower reports Photog r aphy – Jef f Brow n COVER BOAT VOLPINI 2

Open the catalog to page 2

Right and below: wide side deck overhangs and the substantial overhang in front of the wheelhouse, both with a built-in “drip-edge”, are thoughtful standard design touches that will be appreciated in inclement weather MOST S UPERYACHTS ARE THE O UTCO ME O F A DES I GN EXERCI SE . THE 57.7 METRE VOLPINI 2 , HOWEVER , I S THE R E SU LT O F AN UNEXPEC TED CO NVERGENCE O F A BUS I NES S PLAN Below: in profile and from the stern quarter, all of Tim Heywood’s exterior lines converge in an arrow shape. It’s a youthful style that adds a sense of movement to the vessel, even at anchor. The large...

Open the catalog to page 3

than done. “We discovered that the solution wasn’t just about engines or fuel or exhaust tubes or catalysts or scrubbers alone but about all of them working in tandem and seamlessly,” says Caminada. Individual OEMs could not introduce one component without knowing what other equipment would be in the system, nor could they design parts without knowing space constraints. “We had to get our arms around them and lead them to a solution together.” While container ships and 100-metre-plus yachts may have room for huge exhaust catchment devices called scrubbers that capture and incinerate NOx and...

Open the catalog to page 4

The oasis that is Volpini 2s 90m2 main deck master suite is magnified the instant the yacht anchors and the starboard side terrace opens up and expands the seating/television area. The terrace is large enough for two chairs and a table for drinks or a light meal service. Left: the terrace, on the starboard side of the owner’s suite, deploys in just afew minutes at the touch of a button and the stainless steel and rope railings are stored in a nearby cupboard. As the terracefolds down, a section of teak automaticallyfills the transition space, creating an unbrokenfloorfor the lounge Leather...

Open the catalog to page 5

Heywood whether Tier III equipment necessitated a change in his design. “Not at all,” he says. “From the beginning, we wanted to create a boat with high ceilings - 2.2 metres on all decks - and a fifth tank deck for extensive provisioning. Amels gave me the blocks of space for the luxury interior area and the machinery spaces and it was my job to create a flowing line over them while keeping the profile as low as possible.” Heywood has penned the “flowing lines” of every Limited Editions exterior since day one. The 188 is his sixth design for the range - and Amels has since confirmed that...

Open the catalog to page 6

The exterior is smooth with curves and twists subtly inboard and expressed on such things as the bowed support columns aft, the form of the owner’s suite windows and the dynamic mast

Open the catalog to page 7

“Amels said they wanted something different, more sporty. We were not told a specific budget but they asked me to be sensible. I asked if I could use certain stones and you will see they agreed” The master bath is a study in white Thassos marble, with beautiful aquamarine and light Azul Cielo blue stone adding contrast. Abstract resin art panels by Alex Turco provide decoration in the bathroom Watch Volpini 2 sail the crystalclear waters of Capri in this video of her inaugural cruise PHOTOGRAPHY: XXXXXX PHOTOGRAPHY: XXXXXX of the interior surfaces as well as bedside tables and headboards,...

Open the catalog to page 8

“I begin designs with the lower deck, that is the start, the heart of the boat,” says Pascale Reymond, who was responsible for Volpini 2’s interior. A double guest cabin, above, and the twin, below, from the lower deck show her use of leather – from Foglizzo, Sinn Living and Studioart – to cover headboards, bedside tables and all kinds of interior surfaces get a handle on how the hybrid electrical system, a first for Amels, and the emissions reduction package were working. Vickery kept extensive records on the exhaust output with and without the catalytic converter in operation at various...

Open the catalog to page 9

All Amels catalogs and brochures

1. Madame Kate

6 Pages

2. ELIXIR

5 Pages

3. LILI

4 Pages

4. Amels 199 EVENT

6 Pages

5. SOLEMAR

5 Pages