Allen_Magazine 2016 - 5 Pages

Add to MyNauticExpo favorites
Allen_Magazine 2016

Catalog excerpts

HOME AND DRY - GIVING YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE P 2 WHATS NEW FOR 2016 FROM OUR DESIGN TEAM P 3 A GOLDEN SUMMER FOR TEAM ALLEN P 4 & 5 STEVE’S TECHNIC

Open the catalog to page 1

With the summer sailing season well underway, Team Allen crews have been building on their success with the support of Allen Brothers. We gain valuable feedback from their efforts which helps us develop new products which, in turn, helps them achieve their goals. And you also reap the benefits with lighter, stronger and more robust products and materials to make your sailing more enjoyable. On pages 4/5 you can read about their exploits and favourite Allen products and find out more from the Design Team on P3 about the development of a new swivel jib cleat for Charlotte and Sophie and Dylan...

Open the catalog to page 2

Follow Team Allen: allensail.com GOLDEN SUMMER FOR TEAM ALLEN It has been a fantastic summer of sailing for the British Sailing Team’s 49er squad Dylan Fletcher/Alain Sign and 49er FX sailors Charlotte Dobson/Sophie Ainsworth as both Team Allen crews signalled their promise on home waters in Portland at the British round of the Sailing World Cup. Charlotte and Sophie clearly showed that winners rely on Allen by taking World Cup Gold, while Dylan and Alain followed up on the World Championship Bronze medal won earlier this year by taking Silver in their class. Both crews will be representing...

Open the catalog to page 3

©alien Steve’s Technical Tips -Winners can rely on Allen hardware ^ by Steve Hall. I'm frequently asked how I plan the layout of a boat and which products to use and where. Here I am covering some of the areas I'm most frequently asked about to provide my personal insight into why boats need planning on their layout. Often when you look at a boats fit out the product detail can get lost in a maze of lines and systems. It is absolutely critical that a boats' fittings are correctly specified to gain the best performance. The Lark centreboard capping is easily cluttered, but with good design...

Open the catalog to page 4

For many years the development team at Allen were keen to design a trapeze system that improves the safety of the sport and reduces the risk of entrapment by the traditional hook-on trapeze harness. Designer Julian Bethwaite had also been thinking along the same lines and had produced a prototype of the keyball trapeze system. In conjunction with Bethwaite Design, Allen have developed the concept into a sleek and innovative design, eliminating the hook altogether and creating a safe intuitive solution that really works. The ball and guide is manufactured from solid aluminium in three...

Open the catalog to page 5

All Allen Brothers catalogs and brochures

1. Allen Magazine

5 Pages

2. YS Fittings

9 Pages

3. allen catalogue

52 Pages